If you would like more information about our facilities, we invite you to come in and speak with our friendly staff.
What you need to do
- Contact Numurkah District Health Service on (03) 5862 0451 to speak with one of our facility managers.
- Complete a Residential Aged Care Combined Assets and Income Assessment form and send it to Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs as soon as possible.
- Arrange an Aged Care Assessment by contacting the Centre for Older Person's Health on (03) 5823 6000.
- Complete an Application for respite care or permanent entry to aged care homes.
- Complete an Enduring power of attorney appointment form and an Enduring power of attorney (medical treatment) form.
If you need any help or would like us to send you the forms mentioned above, please contact Aged Care Reception on (03) 5862 0451.
Aged Care Charter of Rights | 1 July 2019
Recently the Australian Government introduced a new and simpler Charter of Aged Care Rights. The Charter makes it easier for aged care consumers, families and carers to understand what they can expect from a service provider.
The new Charter places the consumer at the centre of care by supporting them to express their needs and recognising their fundamental right to be treated with dignity and respect. It also acknowledges that each consumer’s identity, culture and diversity are to be valued and supported.
This booklet informs you of your rights as an aged care consumer and how you can exercise them. It also includes some information about your responsibilities as an aged care consumer.
Do you have a concern?
If you have a concern about aged care, please go to the Australian Government Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission website.